Looking at vascular doppler ultrasound systems is no easy task, whether you are about to upgrade your current system or going to invest in your first system for your practice or vascular laboratory. You know how the system will be used, and while brand might be an important consideration, the features, interface, and adaptability of the workflow are more important. Because these all assist you in making fast and accurate diagnoses, and keeping examinations comfortable for your patients.
The Falcon/PRO does more than just one thing well.
Unlike some high-end vascular doppler ultrasound systems, the Falcon/PRO is a complete vascular diagnostics system enabling you to perform a full range of Doppler measurements using different frequencies according to the vessels being examined. With the display configurable with up to 16 spectrum colours. And this includes the use of Continuous Wave (CW) or Pulsed Wave (PW) Doppler. This can be paired with Pulse Volume Recordings from up to 10 independent pressure channels, using the same device rather than having to connect the patient to another system. You can also perform simultaneous Photoplethysmography (PPG) measurements on five PPG channels, ABI measurements, and Raynaud’s Syndrome screening. Automatic examination modes are available.
But more than this, the Falcon/PRO allows you to perform a broad range of routine examinations and specialised tests using a single device.
Specialty tests supported by the Falcon/Pro include
- Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV) Measurements
- Penile Function and Impotence Testing
- Reactive Hyperemia Examinations
- Air Plethysmography (APG) Tests
- Raynaud’s Syndrome Screening
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Screening
- Palmar Arch Test and Arteriovenous (AV) Fistula Examinations
- Venous Reflux Screening
- Maximal Venous Outflow Microvascular Obstruction (MVO) and Segmental Venous Capacitance (SVC) Determination
Integrating the Falcon/PRO into your vascular laboratory or clinic is made easier through the high level of configurability built into the system. You can build and configure an unlimited number of protocols for every test you perform, along with configuring and customising the reports generated. The system also supports an unlimited number of users, with the system configurable to each user too.
The Falcon/PRO can easily be operated with a single main key, with key function automatically adapting to the current protocol. Leaving you focused on the patient. And while the system is primarily designed for use with a touch screen, a remote, foot switch, mouse, and keyboard can be added. Further reducing any learning curve.
The system also integrates well with existing systems through the use of DICOM and HL7 standards for communication and records management, and a GDT interface. The shared network database allows an unlimited number of review stations to be used, with the ability to reanalyse and replay examinations–with full spectrum and Doppler audio–and add interpretations to the final report.
The Falcon/PRO is supported by a range of compatible accessories covering all possible peripheral vascular diagnostic tests.
- Integrated Skin Temperature Sensor with dedicated adhesive sticker to easily attach and continually monitor skin temperature. Frequently used when screening for Raynaud’s Syndrome.
- 4 MHz, 8 MHz, and 10 MHz Doppler Probes. Each colour-coded for easy identification and all supporting high resolution spectral analysis, with the 10 MHz probe ideal for examining more superficial peripheral blood vessels.
- Disk, Finger Clip, and Toe Clip Photoplethysmography (PPG) Sensors. Five independent and colour-coded PPG channels on the Falcon/PRO, with the ability to take simultaneous toe and finger measurements. The Disk PPG sensors are also colour-coded, and ideal for venous studies, with phasic and average waveform display supported.
- Colour-coded Tubes for quick and easy setup of up to 10 simultaneous Pulse Volume Recordings (PVR). The Falcon/PRO is the only system with 10 independent pressure channels.
- Wired or Wireless Remote Control with a dedicated foot switch. Configurable buttons on both the remote and foot switch allow you to set them for specific functions, allowing you greater focus on the patient and tests.
- Pressure Cuffs that are easy-to-clean, latex free, and designed for maximum skin comfort.
Contact us to learn more about the specific features of our FALCON/ PRO and FALCON/ QUAD vascular doppler ultrasound systems. Schedule a free demonstration of the Falcon/PRO to fully assess each feature and to see how easily this ultramodern and comprehensive diagnostic system will adapt to and integrate with your existing workflows.